Privacy & Security Policy
Welcome to the Ministry of Health and Welfare website! To set your mind at ease as you use the services and information of this site, we would like first to explain our policy on the protection of your privacy rights. To ensure your rights, please carefully read the following:
- Scope of the Policy The Policy governs how this site processes the individual personal data collected while you are visiting the site. The Policy does not apply to related web links and extends only to personnel entrusted by this site and to those involved in its management. ‧ Data Collection and Use In order to offer you the best possible interactive service, you may be asked to provide and/or allow some personal information to be collected: When you use the interactive function of the customer service e-mail box or the questionnaire survey form, information you provide, such as your name, e-mail address, contact information and length of use, may be retained. When you are browsing, the server may automatically make a record of your activity, including the IP address of the equipment you use to access the Internet, the length of time you spend at the site, what browser you use and the data you have browsed and accessed. We use this information as reference material to further develop our website services, and the information is for internal use only. Under no circumstances will it be made public. In order to provide the best service, we may use the data obtained from questionnaire surveys to compile statistics, on which an analysis will be conducted. The analysis results or the description of the analysis may be used for internal studies and made public in cases where we deem necessary, but such information will not involve data on specific individuals. Unless we receive your agreement or are directed by special legal regulations, we will under no circumstances make your personal data available to a third party or use these data for a purpose other than that for which they were collected.
- Data Protection Our site’s computer mainframe is equipped with firewall, anti-virus and other information security applications, and we have taken all necessary information security measures. In addition, we have added very strict measures to protect the site itself and your personal information. Your personal information may be accessed only through authorized personnel. All personnel who process this data have signed a confidentiality agreement. If anyone breaks this agreement, he or she will be punished to the full extent of the relevant laws. If for business reasons, it becomes necessary to entrust the provision of this service to a related office of this Ministry, this site will strictly require that it honor the obligations of the confidentiality agreement and will adopt the necessary review procedures to assure that this obligation is indeed carried out.
- Related Website Links Our web page provides links to other websites, and you can select these websites through our links. However, our site’s policy on the protection of privacy rights does not apply to the linked sites. You must consult the linked sites for information on their policy.
- Policy Revisions This site’s policy on the protection of privacy rights will be revised as circumstances demand, and such revisions will be published on the site.
Collection and utilization of personal information
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and related regulations, information will not be arbitrarily released to third parties. When using this Web site, this Web site will automatically collect the following information: date and time, the Web pages you have selected, your URL, your Web browser, your actions on this Web site (such as downloads) and whether or not they were successful. This information will only be used to improve this Web sites content. Monitor behavior that causes a major load on this Web site.
Information safety rights training
Assign appropriate job responsibilities and distribution rights and set up an evaluation and examination system and if necessary, a mutual support system for personnel who handle sensitive or secret information or whose job requires them to have system administration rights. Deal with personnel who take leave, retire, or are suspended in accordance with the established procedure for such cases and immediately withdraw their access rights to the various system resources. Provide information security education and training to personnel at different levels based on their role and function. To improve knowledge of information security and observance of security regulations, encourage personnel to gain an understanding of the importance of information security and potential security risks.
Information security and protection
Establish a procedure to handle information security events and assign relevant personnel with the responsibility to deal rapidly and effectively with information security events. Establish a change management reporting mechanism for information infrastructure and systems to avoid security leaks. Carefully handle and protect personal information in accordance with provisions of the Computer-Processed Personal Data Protection Act. Set up a system backup facility to perform regular backups of necessary information and software to ensure speedy recovery of normal operation during breakdowns or storage media failures.
Network security management
Install a firewall to control transfer of internal network data and access from outside networks and establish a rigorous identification procedure. Do not store confidential and sensitive data and files in a system open to the outside world. Do not e-mail confidential files. Conduct regular internal network data security and virus checks, and update virus definitions and other security measures.
System access control management
Depending on operating system and security management requirements, set up a password confirmation and modification procedure and keep a record. Assign access rights to personnel of all levels depending on job requirements. Account numbers and passwords to restrict access must be distributed by system administrators and changed on a regular basis.
- Last Updated:2022-12-22
- Data Source:Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Count Views: